See all events here
See all the current vacancies.
|Region:||England - South East|
|Closes:||Sunday 30th April 2017|
Our South East Transportation business line is seeking a Regional Director to join the Development Planning and Engineering group based in the South East of England. This group of over fifty specialist staff are based in a number of offices across the region, including central London, and the base for this vacancy is negotiable. The successful candidate would join the senior management team of the group with a focus on project delivery and business development.
Our wide range of clients are from the private and public sector in the UK and overseas and include developers, land owners, house builders, blue chip companies, universities, local authorities and contractors. The teams also work on a number of multi-disciplinary projects as part of a wider team with their colleagues in AECOM.
• Overall responsibility for delivery of projects to contractual arrangements and the financial outcome agreed;
• Facing and Liaising with senior stakeholders, including Client Project Directors (or equivalent) to resolve issues early and safeguard our interests;
• Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner;
• Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production;
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design;
• Act as a Project Manager/director (once accredited) as necessary including monitoring financial performance;
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief;
• Attend Project Progress meetings along with necessary client meetings;
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for client submission and contribute to major bids;
• Liaise with current and proposed clients to develop repeat and new business for the company;
• Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s global capabilities;
• Lead on business development and work winning within the region with both public and private sector clients;
• Mentoring and supporting the development of Project Managers;
• Expanding the AECOM business and assisting with the delivery of business targets.
• Successful track record of building client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work;
• A highly motivated individual with a passion for succeeding and developing an industry leading transportation team;
• Solid experience working at a senior level;
• Proven business leader and a recognised technical expert within the within the transportation sector;
• A senior professional with proven experience in the successful delivery transportation projects for both public and private sector clients;
• High degree of competence in project management and commercially aware;
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills.
• Degree in Civil &/or Transportation Engineering.
• Membership of a relevant professional body
Web design by Tribal Systems